Rapid City, SD | Full-time, Hourly
Reach new heights in your career with one of the fastest growing industries in the country. At VIKOR, you have the opportunity to challenge yourself and become part of a team that strives for unity and is dedicated to elevation.
Our entry level Tower Technicians earn an average of more than $65,000 in their first year with the ability to earn over $85,000 in their second year of employment as a crew chief!
VIKOR offers 20 paid holidays annually for field staff and, while you are on the road, VIKOR covers all your travel expenses including per diem and your own hotel room. VIKOR will also pay for you to receive your CDL license.
Tower Technicians are right in the action, responsible for the installation, maintenance and removal of tower and antenna systems. You get to travel across the region working on towers for all the major cellular carriers, utility and wind energy companies.
No tower experience? No problem!
We provide all the specialized training you’ll need and offer many advancement opportunities so you can grow into a career you love.
- Travel from 1-5 weeks at a time
- Treat company tools and equipment with good care and keeping
- Receive and follow directions of crew chief
- Assist crew chief in assuring jobs are brought in on time
- Assist in training new employees as directed
- Advance within prescribed time frames as part of company Advancement Program
Responsible for Safety
Because of the nature of the work at VIKOR, we are dedicated to and obsessed with safety. That means all of our employees are, too. If you join the VIKOR team, you will be expected to follow all the safety and regulatory policies and procedures put in place by VIKOR and OSHA in order for all team members to feel confident and protected during the workday. This includes attending the daily safety meetings, maintaining a clean driving record and frequently inspecting trucks and equipment.
The VIKOR Culture
We believe people do their best work when they feel heard and supported. That is why we strive to live out our values of UNITY, DEDICATION and ELEVATION every day. Our employees experience an environment centered on respect, allowing them to perform at their highest level.
- $40/day per-diem for meals while traveling.
- Company provided individual hotel room.
- Paid major national holidays plus additional field staff holidays, totaling 20 paid holidays a year.
- Paid vacation and personal time with a graduating scale based on years of service: 2 weeks after 1 year, 3 weeks after 3 years, 4 weeks after 5 years, 5 weeks after 10 years.
- Cash retirement bonus to all employees on their anniversary.
- We offer major medical, dental, and vision insurance and a free $100,000 life insurance policy for all employees.
- Crews are likely to work 45-75 hours per week with overtime paid at time and a half.
- We use company trucks only. You do not have to drive to the job sites in your own vehicle.
We are an employee-oriented company and try our best to take good care of our workers. They are our #1 asset!
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, utility, and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Orem, UT; Denver, CO; Missoula, MT; and Bismarck, ND our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the Mountain States.