Sioux Falls, SD | Salary
The Safety Director is responsible for directing, developing, updating, and overseeing the general health and safety policies and procedures within the organization. Working as a manager and close team member with the VIKOR training staff to ensure smooth work flow and efficient systems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Exemplify the Values of the organization.
- Ensure the organization is in compliance with State, Local and Industry specific regulations.
- Administer OSHA, DOT, FMCSA & EPA compliance programs.
- Ensure all safety manuals, programs, policies and procedures are current and adhered to.
- Provide analysis of internal safety audits and incident reporting statistical data.
- Manage and implement initiatives to reduce & prevent workforce accidents from all reporting & statistical data.
- Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives and procedures to meet contractual obligations and improve program performance.
- Manage and update the safety program within the organization.
- Stay abreast of all regulatory matters affecting the current and future direction of the organization.
- Manage internal and external accident investigation process.
- Manage return to work process for injured employees.
- Assist in maintaining safety documentation for compliance companies.
- Develop annual department budget and oversee its adherence.
- Administer & manage subcontractor vetting process.
- Serve as technical advisor to management, staff and field crews.
- Participate in industry trade associations as directed by management.
- Participate in weekly company-wide Monday morning training.
- Select and advise management on best safety equipment & practices.
- Complete other assignments as directed by the Vice President.
Required Meetings and Coordination:
- Monday morning training.
- Monthly crew chief meeting.
- Weekly report to Vice President on status regarding the above listed responsibilities
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance and service work for the wireless, broadcast, utility and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls SD, Rapid City SD, Orem UT, Missoula MT, and Denver CO, our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the West Coast. However, we dedicate a good share of our resources to projects throughout the United States.
The crews are divided into three specialties including the following:
CIVIL – Including tower foundation installation, site grounding, equipment shelter foundations, site compounds and fencing, driveways, underground utilities and other related work to new site construction.
TOWER – Including assembly and erection of towers, antenna systems and meteorological equipment installation for the wind energy industry. Also tower modifications and maintenance of all types on towers in height from 100’ to 2000’.
COMMUNICATIONS – Including maintenance and installation work involving in-building radio installations, tower condition assessments, FAA lighting maintenance, antenna system trouble shooting and repair, other light-duty maintenance.