Sioux Falls, SD | Full-time, Hourly, Commissions
VIKOR has been in business for 30 years and is a leader in the industry. We build and maintain communications towers throughout the United States for a variety of wireless and utility customers. VIKOR is looking to add a Civil Foreman to our growing team. We are in search of someone with great leadership skills, hunger to learn, and dedication to their team members.
- Ability to run heavy equipment
- Understanding of concrete and know how to set forms, etc.
- Understanding of testing procedures for concrete and dirt work
- Ability to obtain a CDL and get familiar with DOT laws
- Leadership skills and experience being responsible for running a crew
- Manage overall crew performance
- Ensure safe completion of assigned jobs
- Verify quality of work performed by crew
- Maximize revenue from crew operations (based on timely job completions)
- Control costs of crew operations (labor, subsistence, subcontractors, equipment, etc.) within company guidelines
- Fully utilize the Daily Crew Reports including documenting crew expenses and labor hours
- Implement company policies and procedures
- Train and develop new employees and existing crew members
- Assure trucks and equipment are operated in accordance with laws
- Maintain a CDL and a good driving record
- Verify crew has proper equipment, information, and job materials
- Evaluate crew personnel
- Ensure trucks and equipment are well maintained, organized and inventoried regularly
- Utilize purchase order system for purchases
- Obtain photographs and other documentation required by customers
- Maintain daily contact with customers and project manager to ensure customer satisfaction
- Attend bid walks or provide other assistance with bidding when requested by General Manager or Project Manager
- Promote company loyalty by crew personnel
Responsible for Safety
Because of the nature of the work at VIKOR, we are dedicated to and obsessed with safety. That means all of our employees are, too. If you join the VIKOR team, you will be expected to follow all the safety and regulatory policies and procedures put in place by VIKOR and OSHA in order for all team members to feel confident and protected during the workday. This includes attending the daily safety meetings, maintaining a clean driving record and frequently inspecting trucks and equipment.
The VIKOR Culture
We believe people do their best work when they feel heard and supported. That is why we strive to live out our values of UNITY, DEDICATION and ELEVATION every day. Our employees experience an environment centered on respect, allowing them to perform at their highest level.
VIKOR specializes in commercial tower construction, maintenance, and service work for the wireless, utility, and wind energy industries. With offices in Sioux Falls, SD; Rapid City, SD; Orem, UT; Denver, CO; Missoula, MT; and Bismarck, ND our geographic footprint spans from the Great Plains to the Mountain States.